- Selective moral outrage.
- Global Warming or Israeli War Crimes?
- Palestinians and statehood.
- I want to ride my bicycle.
- The world’s favorite person to hate.
- This is where Jews belong.
- 828,804 polling stations.
- Is Democracy really all that it’s cracked up to be?
- In Damascus, it is the rule of the Sopranos.
Archive for the ‘Reading, Misc.’ Category
Another weekly installment of interesting reading around the web. Feel free to share your thoughts.
- “[That] Iran can… retaliate is more myth than fact.”
- Egypt v. Hezbollah.
- We’re registered at Macy’s and… the bank.
- Israeli liberal arts.
- The opportunity cost of investing in human capital.
- Bottom is not here yet.
- No rice, no beans – whose idea was that?
- Being a diaspora Jew in Israel.
- Presidential Seder – pandering or genuine?
- Food of the gods in NY – reviews will follow.
Happy Festival of Liberty!
- The Arab Lobby.
- Gordis: “Is it actually the secular community’s own business how little their children know about Jewish tradition?”
- Charismatic Gujarati.
- “There is no direct relationship between the elected members and the electors.”
- A new world currency?
- Who’s the racist?
- ER is over.
- Only one aspect of traveling in India.
- The ineptitude of Hamas.
- It’s scary being a student sometimes.
I know I have not written in a while, and I hope to return to a somewhat regular blogging schedule in the near future.
In the mean time, I am starting a ‘feature,’ the idea for which, I hope Alex Stein does not mind I borrow. Over the past few weeks Alex Stein at False Dichotomies, has been posting a weekly “Abbreviated Read.” It is “the Top 10 interesting things [he’s] read online during the week,” yet “[m]aking it onto the list doesn’t necessarily mean [he] endorse[s] the message.”
The same will be true in “Reading, Misc.” Your thoughts, as always, are welcome.
- Khaled Abu Toameh on his speaking tour in the US: “[W]e should not be surprised if the next generation of jihadists comes not from the Gaza Strip or the mountains and mosques of Pakistan and Afghanistan, but from university campuses across the U.S.”
- Religious Soldiers walk out of an official event, to avoid hearing a female singer
- Judea Pearl: Anti-Zionism might not be antisemitism, but is it worse?
- Jeffrey Goldberg argues with the JCC’s Theater J director of Seven Jewish Children
- J-Street, Redefining “Pro-Israel”
- The American Thinker on the “Two State Solution” (H/T CiJ)
- Baghdad Today
- Root: מז”ג
- A Team of Zionists
- The Facebook Haggadah