I will get to the Jewish world and the Israeli public, soon. In the meantime, here is a short update from around the internet.
First, here is latest War in Gaza roundup from Jack.
A few other things I’ve found that are interesting / horrifying.
- Gazans now think Hamas is acting like Bin Laden (what is the reponse when Israel says that…?) (H/T Yael).
- Rantings of a Sandmonkey has a clever parable about Hamas.
- The NYT has done it again, blaming Israel for making Obama’s job more difficult, and the irony, complaining that Israel is preventing honest reporting of the conflict. (H/T Soccer Dad).
- The Washington Post actually has two op-eds defending Israel, and David Brooks also writes that “violence doesn’t necessarily beget violence. It sometimes prevents it.” (H/T Yourish here, and here).
- And The Guardian actually has an oped by murder mastermind, Khaled Mishal, ימח שמו. Unbelievable. (H/T Commentary).
- If you really want to read more anti-Israel hatred and/or stupidity, you can look up Glenn Greenwald at Salon, and Andrew Sullivan’s ever-changing opinions, now squarely on the wrong side of things.
I really hope the IDf gets back on track, and that the errors of the past 24 hours are over. Pray for our soldiers, and that all will return home safely. Since the ground part of the operation has begun, 5 have lost their lives for Israel’s safety – יהי זכרם ברוך (Blessed be their memory).